Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hard Days Ahead

   Today will be a long day, I am headed to Charlottesville UVA for surgery tomorrow. Last month I found out that I have cancer in my stomach. It has been a very rough month and I am anxious to get it over with.

   I am very blessed with a great family and great friends. The doctors tell me it will be a long and slow recovery so if I have internet in the hospital I hope to blog every day.

   One of the hardest parts of this is having to board Bosley in a kennel. He and I are so set in our routine here at home that we are both going to miss each other. He is 10 years old and has not been away from me for more than a couple of days now and then. If any of you have a pet you know what I mean.


I got his bag packed, new toy, pillow, food and treats what more could a dog want!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you and bosley. If I lived closer I would watch him for you and take care of him. He would love playing with nikki:) I hope the doctors are wrong and you get through the surgery with flying colors and your recovery is fast! Keep up the faith and be strong:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DARLENE YOU ARE SO SPECIAL TO ME AND ARE JUST LIKE A SISTER. YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ALWAYS. JUST REM TO STAY POSITIVE. REM ALSO THAT I WILL KEEP BOSLEY IF YOU JUST CAN SEND HIM TO THE KENNEL. I'LL COME AND GET HIM. I'LL SEE YOU SOON. LOVE YOU LIKE A SIS!!!

    ReplyDelete