Sunday, April 22, 2012

My American Flag

I found this project on Pinterest from this site...http://mom2dom.blogspot.com/2010/06/fathers-day-gift-for-my-daddy.html . Mine measures 3'x5'. Kristin and Rocky had an old fence behind their house that they tore down and of course I saved a couple of the panels.

Here is the fence before...
 I
looks pretty rough doesn't it? I get out the sander and go over it a few times just to take off the rough spots.

then I taped off where I wanted my stars to be...

I
I painted the boards red and white and painted the star block in blue. I used my Cricut machine to cut out the stars then used that for a stencil.
And that was the easy part, hanging it was another story! I don't have any pictures of Richard hanging it because he was very frustrated with it. It was very heavy and of course I had to have it hanging up in a high place on the house! I think it was worth it...

It will hang here until the end of summer then I will hang it in the garage.

1 comment: