Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Special Bench

 I have had this bench for a long time. It belong to a old lady that lived at the end of our road, she lived alone and didn't have any family. My grandparents owned a grocery store and she would walk out to the store about every couple of months and my grandfather would take her to town to pay her power bill and what errands she needed. She would get enough groceries to do her and we would take her home. She lived very simple. She made this bench using scrap wood, the legs look like they are made from broom handles. I have never painted it because I wanted it to stay natural but I now think I want to enjoy it in some fun colors. So here it is in its natural state...


and here it is in the first color I chose...


I plan on changing it for each season.

This bench has lots of good memories attached to it! Lately I have looked at lots of "things" and thought about the memories that are attached to them. Most of them are on shelves or in closets, I plan on using them instead of keeping them for the future.

It needs some decoration, any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't change a thing. Love this color. Just catching up on your blogs today, Darlene. Haven't been on here in months! :)

    ReplyDelete